Friday, March 5, 2010

Moms-to-be





For all the moms-to-be out there, Parents Magazine just posted a great little article about creative ways to let everyone know you're expecting!

Here's a few of our favorites:

Hot-Rod Grandma

We all ride motorcycles in my family, so I sent my mom a book entitled Grandma Rides a Harley when I found out I was pregnant. She called me the second she got it. I could tell she was very excited, but was trying to keep calm until she got clarification.
-Dawn S., Burlington, Connecticut

We were going to my parents' house for dinner and wanted to surprise them by telling them we were pregnant. We told them we would bring the dessert, so we picked up an ice cream cake and had "We're Pregnant" written on it. It was hard to keep quiet all through dinner, but boy were we excited for dessert. Seven months later we played hangman to revel the name we had chosen for our little Ella Rose.
-- Celine V., Phoenix, Arizona

We told our parents by taking each of them out to lunch and giving our mothers "just a little something we saw and thought they would like." The gift was a wrapped bib that said "I Love Grandma." It took a few seconds for them to realize what the bib meant and their reactions were shock then complete happiness and tears. An amazing moment!
-- Lisa D.A., Warwick, Rhode Island

Do you have a great story like one of these to share? We'd love to hear!

No comments: