Monday, November 8, 2010
60 MINUTES OF EXERCISE DAILY FOR IT'S HIP HOP BABY KIDS IS NOT A MYTH
Did you know that the American Heart Association recommends that children participate in moderate to vigorous physical activity every day at least 60 minutes?
Parents must realize that kid’s fitness is completely different than fitness for adults. Check out the top 5 Hip Hop Baby fitness tips every Hip Hop Baby parent must know.
1. Encourage and facilitate your kid’s participation in activities they enjoy. They may want to play a sport, join the boy scouts, practice ballet, rollerblade or simply play on the monkey bars for hours. Whatever makes them happy is what they should do.
2. Seek out fun fitness classes and fitness professionals when you're at a loss. A few fun classes or sessions with a youth fitness trainer can spark interest simply because the instruction is coming from someone other than mom and dad.
3. Provide healthy snack options, promote small frequent meals, and limit sugar. This prevents mood swings, strange energy surges that often lead to wild behavior, and controls fat storage.
4. Set a good example by participating in some type of activity on a daily basis. Walk, wash the car, do a set of pushups, garden, or play a quick game of tag. Children love to imitate so take advantage and ask them to join in every chance you get.
5. Limit the amount of time kids spend in front of the TV, and computer. A couple of hours a day is more than enough. Plan a certain number of hours a day when they are expected to be active to make it easier for them.