Sunday, September 23, 2007

a little help here?

I just have to get this off my chest and then I'll be able to let it go- my husbands appalling lack of interactive parenting tonight just ticks me off. Not that I am looking for a massive song and dance every evening....but guess what buddy? We are all tired. Doesn't matter if you drove far today or not. And, the nerve to assume that your day is ALWAYS more difficult than my own makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs sometimes.
I suppose in a way I should be grateful, because I know he can be great- so when he is not, I am sad. I know (in fact, I often witness) there are husbands who don't do a thing- but it just really gets on my nerves when there is no consideration towards what kind of day I have had before he just lays out the negativity of his day on us.
All right. Better now.

www.itshiphopbaby.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me just say I agree 100%. My husband manages to read magazines, newspapers and even books! Yes ladies, books. Where does he find the time? I have no idea because I haven't read a magazine from cover to cover in years. My son is four and between him, cooking, work, driving to activities, laundry...you know the list-- there is no time.
Oh, here's a good one. My husband is great at looking at his watch when we're trying to get out the door but doesn't offer to get my son's shoes or put his coat on or pack a drink and snacks yet WE'RE running late. No honey, WE are not doing anything.
Okay...better (smile)